Thank you for giving to Pantene Beautiful Lengths in such a beautiful way. Soon, you’ll be part of the largest national movement and first campaign to create free, real-hair wigs for women with cancer. Bravo! Hair provided by generous volunteers like you will be used to craft beautiful, high-quality wigs. Then it will go to a woman affected by hair loss from cancer.
Barney Martin - Pantene Expert hairstylist
When you donate your hair, you are giving a precious gift to a woman in need. We want to make sure not a single gift is wasted, so please be sure your hair meets these requirements before you make the cut. If it doesn’t, we won’t be able to turn your beautiful gift into a wig.
Here’s everything you need to know about making the cut. Make sure your hair meets the requirements and follow these instructions exactly, so you can be sure your hair is used to create a realistic wig to bring real hope to a woman with cancer.
1. Clean, shampoo and/or condition hair, without any styling, hairspray or additional hair products.
2. Once hair is fully dried, gather hair at the nape of the neck.
3. Create a ponytail with an elastic band. Make sure the band is tight around the hair to keep the hair together after cutting. If it comes out of the band, it won’t be included in the donation. A second hair band can be placed around the middle of the ponytail to keep the hair together.
4. Ensure that the elastic band is just below where you want to cut your hair.
5. Measure the length of the ponytail from just above the elastic band to the tips, making sure it’s at least 20cm long. Donations shorter than 20cm will not be used, because this is too short for making a wig. If your hair is not 20cm, continue growing it out. There is no maximum length requirement.
6. Cut the hair just above the elastic band so that the elastic band remains on the ponytail after cutting and keeps cut hair together. Do not wash or style the ponytail in any way after it has been cut off.
7. Place the ponytail, kept intact with the elastic band, in a zipper-lock bag and seal tightly. Please ensure that the ponytail is completely dry before sending.
8. Place the plastic bag with the ponytail in an envelope and
Pantene Beautiful Lengths
PO Box 1237
Brookvale NSW 2100
Pantene Beautiful Lengths
PO Box 302-003
North Shore City, 0751
9. If you would like to know when your donation is received please include your full name and return address with your hair donation. Please ensure that the ponytail is completely dry before sending.
The Pantene Beautiful Lengths collection cleanses and fortifies hair to help prevent breakage. With Pantene Beautiful Lengths strengthening shampoo and conditioner, you can skip that trim and dare to grow you hair longer*
*Beautiful Lengths shampoo and conditioner v non-conditioning shampoo